[Jingle] Join header for Jingle conferences

Emil Ivov emcho at jitsi.org
Wed Jul 31 22:49:04 UTC 2013

Hey Dave,

On 31.07.13, 23:40, Dave Cridland wrote:
> Sorry, awful.
>

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net
> <mailto:dave at cridland.net>> wrote:
>
>     Your mixer joins the room, including some additional magic in its
>     presence, like a <mixer xmlns='...'/> element. It becomes,
>     therefore, jingle at muc.xmpp.org/mixer <http://jingle@muc.xmpp.org/mixer>
>

> No, I don't mean "therefore" at all, silly me.
>
> I mean the <mixer/> element just gets passed through by the (dumb) MUC,
> and the mixer then joins the room as normal, and once joined, it now has
> the room jid as well. This room jid is the address of the conference
> call - although merely joining the room and looking at the presence of
> the occupants is enough to find it easily enough.

This does make sense and it actually also answers another question, on
which I was planning to start a thread (i.e. how does a mixer announce
itself in a MUC).

I also agree that this would work when you also have a MUC running with
your call.

However, the use case I am interested in does not *necessarily* involve
one.

Also, as I mentioned in my mail to Philipp: you could also think of this
as an auto-answer header or one you could use in a teamviewer like
application.

Emil

--
https://jitsi.org