[Jingle] [Standards] NEW: XEP-0293 (Jingle RTP Feedback Negotiation)

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Wed Jun 12 17:42:20 UTC 2013

Am 24.03.2011 18:56, schrieb XMPP Extensions Editor:
> Version 0.1 of XEP-0293 (Jingle RTP Feedback Negotiation) has been released.
>
> Abstract: This specification defines an XMPP extension to negotiate
>    the use of the Extended RTP Profile for Real-time Transport Control
>    Protocol (RTCP)-Based Feedback (RTP/AVPF) with Jingle RTP
>    sessions

I recently implemented this (in a mapping from webrtcs sdp to jingle and
vice versa). The comments below also apply to XEP-0294.

The only major issue I encountered was the mapping of additional parameters:
 > Any type or subtype of feedback message that requires extra
 > parameters in the a=b form can use the <parameter/> element to
 > describe it. Any other form of parameter can be store in the CDATA
 > inside the <rtcp-fb/> element.

This attempts to fix an oversight in 0167. I don't have a strong
preference, but we ought to solve this in a way which is consistent
among specs (and implementations).

nit: >rtcp-fb-trr-int/< is using the brackets in the wrong direction.

I'm not sure why the disco feature is required. Jingle can use O/A
semantics to send it without caring whether the peer supports this, right?