[Jingle] WebRTC + Jingle - Incomplete SDP

Valérian Saliou valerian at jappix.com
Tue Jun 25 09:31:15 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm currently developing a JSJaC.js library implementing Jingle+WebRTC, that is called JSJaCJingle.js.

I tried to follow strictly the Jingle XEPs, which I managed to do until implementing SDP (Session Description Protocol).

I could get it work fine by using only XMPP for signaling:

 - Candidates passed as following XEP-0166 and XEP-0176
 - BUT: with SDP passed as raw in an SDP XML element

Now, when I want to pass all SDP data not as raw but as Jingle specifies, I cannot find appropriate XML containers for some SDP attributes. XEP-0166 and XEP-0167 don't define all that I need to implement Jingle on the top of WebRTC.

If I forget about SDP attributes that are not specified in Jingle, and simply get rid of them, Google Chrome returns me a DOM Exception 12 when applying them to RTCSessionDescription().

Here is the raw SDP data that WebRTC generates from the 2 peers:

 - Peer 1: http://pastebin.com/Nvs4GLx4
 - Peer 2: http://pastebin.com/F42BAt5j

Notice the following elements that are not defined by Jingle:

 - a=fingerprint
 - a=ssrc (not all the msid, mslabel that are linked)
 - m=audio 1 RTP/SAVPF 111 103 104 0 8 107 106 105 13 126 (RTP/SAVPF is not yet defined, as specified in http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0167.html#format)

Any advice on how to pass them w/o appending invalid elements to Jingle stanza, that may break compatibility with external (non-JSJaCJingle.js) clients?

JSJaCJingle.js

 - You can test the working version of the lib there: https://demo.frenchtouch.pro/valerian.saliou/jsjac-jingle/examples/simple_client.html
 - The lib is already open-source: https://github.com/valeriansaliou/jsjac-jingle

Cheers,

--

Valérian Saliou

Jappix & FrenchTouch Web Agency founder.
Uno IM product lead.

More about me on my personal page.