[Jingle] WebRTC + Jingle - Incomplete SDP

Ralph Meijer ralphm at ik.nu
Tue Jun 25 10:20:46 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-25 11:52, Valérian Saliou wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2013, at 11:38 AM, Philipp Hancke <fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
> [..]
 >
> I had a look, sounds good. But isn't it an issue that those 2 XEPs have
> been deferred? Any XEPs that replace them or do we need to use those 2
> deferred ones?

Deferred status means just this [1]:

     An Experimental XEP of any type is changed to the Deferred state if
     it has not been updated in twelve (12) months.

Usually this happens after interest in the specification waned or it
there is some delay in a dependency. I doesn't necessarily convey any
measure of quality.

If anyone, including you, wants to pick it up again, you can propose
changes (if needed) and alert our Editor (Peter Saint-André). He may put
it back to Experimental. See XEP-0001 for more details on the process.

[1]  http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0001.html#states-Deferred

--
ralphm