[Juser] information request

Justin Kirby justin at openaether.org
Tue Sep 17 18:35:31 CDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 08:28, Morelli Mario wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am beginner about Jabber and I have some question. I would install a jebber server on a LAN and then install Jabber clients on some stations.
>
> --Does exist some Jabber server already support IPv6?
Yes there is a patch for IPv6, look in the archives of the
jabberd at jabber.org list

This I am not sure about, you might want to check the jdev at jabber.org
list and/or post this question there.

> --Are there client/server ported for Windows platform?
Checkout www.jabbercentral.org and www.jabberstudio.org for clients on
all major (and minor) platforms. As far as servers on windows, jabberd
*can* run on win32 with cygwin installed. However, its not pretty or fun
to do. There are tons of threads dealing with jabberd on win32 in
jdev/jadmin lists.

There is tipic server which is commercial.

JID: Zion at openaether.org

      ,/^^^^\,
   /|
       `\..../