[Juser] Re: Can't connect on Exodus client

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Apr 11 08:41:11 CDT 2003

Please type the following in a console window / command prompt:

telnet jabber.org 5222

You should see the following:

$ telnet jabber.org 5222
Trying 208.245.212.108...
Connected to herc.jabber.org.
Escape character is '^]'.

This means you were able to connect to the Jabber server. If you do not
see this, you have firewall problems. If you do, there is no reason why
Exodus should not be able to connect to jabber.org, jabber.com, or any
other Jabber server.

Peter