[Juser] Priority - how to make good use of it

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Sat Jul 19 09:08:38 CDT 2003

Hi Phil!

Phil Reynolds schrieb am 2003-07-19 14:06:39:
> OK... but this presumably only applies to native Jabber messages, not
> those on AIM, ICQ, MSN or Yahoo? If not, how can I make good use of it
> with those?

It applies to all messages that are directed to you JID without
resource.

But most transports send their messages to a specific resource,
therefore you get them on the account they direct the messages to.
Most transports are not very intelligent selecting the resource, but
just use the first resource they got from you.

I think it was the JIT where I found a better handling for multible
presences.

Keep in mind that it is hard to map multible presences to the
architecture of the other IM systems, that are not aware of this.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770        http://matthias.wimmer.name/