[Juser] Re: How to connect to MSN, ICQ, Yahoo etc. using Exodus client

Shane Knysh shane.knysh at yoner.com
Mon Jul 28 11:03:49 CDT 2003

Greetings!

To connect Exodus to a transport follow the following steps.

1. Click the Exodus menu
2. Select "Register with a Service" (this display a pop up window)
3. Type in the JID of the service you wish to connect to.

Generally, the transports are all named similarly; yahoo.someserver.com,
msn.someserver.com, icq.someserver.com, aim.someserver.com.

Not all servers support all transports, you might need to to use a couple of servers to
get all the services you need. You can look at the public server list to see what is
supported on the jabber.org website (http://www.jabber.org/user/publicservers.php). I use
the nureality.ca and have found it to be very stable.

4. Follow the instructions in the wizard to register the service.

Hope this helps,
Shane
shane.knysh at YonerDotCom
"I think we can all agree on one thing: 'The Moos of Derision' would be
a good name for a rock band."-Dave Barry