[Juser] Messages on server while away

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Sat Sep 13 02:56:59 CDT 2003

Hi Remko!

Remko Troncon schrieb am 2003-09-13 08:19:06:
> I would like to be able to do the following:
> When i leave work, i change my status to 'Away', go home, and at home i
> log in and recieve all messages that were sent to me while i was gone.
> Something in the line of leaving messages on the server while in away
> mode, and getting them when coming on-line with a certain client. Of
> course, that scheme still has some problems: if you accidently leave
> your client on-line, you wont be able to retrieve your messages. A
> better scheme would be to leave messages on the server until they are
> really 'read'.
>
> Anyway, is such a feature feasible ? Has it been thought of ?

You may store messages offline in away mode if your server allows you to
use message filters. There is a filter type that filters on your state
and an action that stores messages on the server.

There was also a client, that implemented some ideas for this problem:
http://indigo.sh.cvut.cz/mcjabber/

Tot kijk
    Matthias