[Juser] Yahoo! transports / running a personal server and transports

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Fri Feb 13 05:17:01 CST 2004

First, I seem to be having some difficulties with yahoo.amessage.info
again:

Ability to connect is somewhat sporadic - it seems to work or not work
at random.

When I am connected, it seems that my messages are not getting through
to users of Yahoo!-compatible messenger clients. However, I can see all
my contacts and their messages.

Is this know about, fixable, or is there a transport that works better
at the moment? It's a bit of a pain to have to fire up ayttm all the
time as well.

Second, if I wanted to, I gather I could set up my own server.

If I did that, would I need to make any special arrangements to connect
to the rest of the Jabber network? I gather I could run my own
transports to the other messenger systems, if I wished, but what about
my contacts on the rest of Jabber?

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95