[Juser] yahoo transport

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Fri Jun 25 12:15:26 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 10:23:35AM +0200, Matthias Wimmer wrote:
> Hi Chad!
>
> Chad Boyd schrieb am 2004-06-24 19:21:40:
> > Yahoo did fiddle with it again, but slashdot readers have already figured
> > it out. Navigate your browsers this way --->
> > http://slashdot.org/articles/04/06/24/128248.shtml?tid=126&tid=187&tid=95
> >
> > for the answer.
> >
> > 'Change your Y!IM host from scs.msg.yahoo.com to scs.yahoo.com, port 5050,
> > and it should work.'
>
> But as you can see some postings later on /. this is not very usefull.
> You end up on an other server where none of the official users are.

It looks like someone has nevertheless done this to yahoo.jabbernet.dk.

I look forward to it being fixed properly... I have another friend who
also uses mainly Jabber these days but is also on others and he uses the
same Yahoo transport.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95