[Juser] best windows and linux jabber client?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Mar 3 10:12:00 CST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 02:48:04AM +0200, Mch wrote:
> I'm curious to read your opinions about which is the best windows and
> the best linix jabber client.

I don't run Windows so I wouldn't know. I've used Exodus and I like it,
but I tend to be an advanced user.

I've always liked Gabber on Linux but recently started using Gaim since
it comes with Fedora and I'm too lazy to install Gabber on this machine.
Gaim seems fine, though it's taken a while for me to become accustomed
to it and the windows are a bit bigger than I tend to like (especially
for groupchat). But Nathan Walp has done a great job of improving the
Jabber support in Gaim.

Just my $0.02, naturally. :-)