[Juser] Recomended Jabber Server

Damon Register damon_register at comcast.net
Thu Mar 4 18:24:15 CST 2004

Thomas Cort wrote:
> I've been running jabberd 1.4.2 on pan.ubishops.ca for several months
> now with almost 100 users. I have never had a problem with it. It's never
Same here.  I think my setup has been working for over a year and only
went down because of building power problems

> crashed, dropped messages, or delayed delivery. It doesn't use a lot of
> resources either. I'm running it on a 200MHz system with 128MB of RAM.
Identical system.  I too would recommend jabberd 1.4.2.  It works great.
I tried jabberd2 but have not had any success with it yet.  It seems
much more complex so I think if you want something simple, jabberd 1.4.2
is the way to go

Damon Register