[Juser] Re: Interconnection between jabber.org and amessage.be

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Thu Oct 7 07:33:53 CDT 2004

Hi Michael!

Michael Grigutsch schrieb am 2004-10-07 12:56:00:
> I have regularly entry in my error.log:
> [alert] (s2s): We were told by amessage.de that our sending name
> rss-jab.i-pobox.net is invalid, either something went wrong on their
> end, we tried using that name improperly, or dns does not resolve to us"
> even though my DNS-record seems to be correct and the domain is reachable
> from every other site I testet.

I just sent a message from mawis at amessage.be to i-pobox.net/echo and
dumpted the network traffic. It seems that the problem is at your side.

What happens is this:

- amessage.be connects to i-pobox.net (1)
- amessage.be sends stream header on (1)
- i-pobox.net sends back stream header on (1)
- amessage.be requests dialback on (1)
- i-pobox.net connects to amessage.be (2)
- i-pobox.net sends stream header on (2)
- amessage.be sends back stream header on (2)
- i-pobox.net requests dialback on (2)
- amessage.be connects to i-pobox.net (3)
- amessage.be sends stream header on (3)
- i-pobox.net sends back stream header on (3)
- amessage.be requests dialback on (3)
- i-pobox.net requests verification of (1) on (2)
- amessage.be confirms authenticity of (1) on (2)
- i-pobox.net requests verification of (3) on (2)
- amessage.be confirms authenticity of (3) on (2)
- i-pobox.net accepts amessage.be's connection (1)
- amessage.be sends the message to i-pobox.net/echo on (1)
- amessage.be requests verification of (2) on (3)
- i-pobox.net confirms authenticity of (2) on (3)
- amessage.be accepts i-pobox.net's connection (2)

- i-pobox.net sends back the echo message, but of type='error' having
  the following error message: Server Connect Failed.
  (but as you see, a connection between both has been established
  before!)

vy 73 de DB1MW

--
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770       http://web.amessage.info