[Juser] "Invalid CA certificate" for jabber.org?

Roland Bluethgen calocybe at web.de
Fri Feb 18 13:54:07 CST 2005

Hi there!

I'm trying to connect to the jabber.org server using the Jabber client
Psi on Windows 2000, and of course using SSL. However, Psi keeps telling me
"The jabber.org certificate failed the authenticity test. Reason:
Invalid CA certificate."

I don't know what the reason for this is. It appears to me that I need a
root certificate for Commodo Limited, which is the issuer of the
jabber.org cert according to what Psi tells me. So I tried to find that
cert and found http://www.comodogroup.com/repository/ . However,
installing the three certs at the bottom of that page didn't solve the
problem. (I know that Psi requires a special format for the certs which
was easy to provide.)

So, either I still don't have the correct root cert, or there's a
completely different reason for the authenticity failure.

So long