[Juser] Re: Evangelising Jabber, regarding credibility

Michael Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 21:50:06 CDT 2005

> I have now decided to quit using jabber and stop recommending it to
> friends.
> How can one expect anyone to be able to keep a stable jabber server
> running when the one's developing it are not able to keep it running.

You've pretty much hit my objections to Jabber on the head. Jabber is
unreliable, the promise of S2S just never actually materialises in a
predictable way and most Jabber clients are ugly and/or confusing to end
users.

Maybe in ten years Jabber will catch up and be slick, sexy and reliable.
Now, however, it's mostly just for geeks to talk to other geeks. (I say this
as an affirmed geek.)

So, along with you, I've stopped recommending Jabber to friends and family.