[Juser] Re: Evangelising Jabber, regarding credibility

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 15:07:33 CDT 2005

On 6/17/05, Michael Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com> wrote:
> You've pretty much hit my objections to Jabber on the head. Jabber is
> unreliable, the promise of S2S just never actually materialises in a
> predictable way and most Jabber clients are ugly and/or confusing to end
> users.

S2S reliability bothers me a lot.  But we're getting there, and I
don't have the same level of disillusionment that you guys do.  But
for businesses, XMPP is probably _the_ open-source IM tool of choice.
Also I think the payware space has great promise for things like
Jabber Inc's XCP server and others.

And as far as clients being ugly, maybe you haven't tried enough?
There are a lot of good ones out there.  I think several projects (Psi
included) could use the help of some experienced GUI coders though.

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc
http://halr9000.com