[Juser] Jabber instability

Nick Parker nickp at bu.edu
Thu Mar 3 15:19:47 CST 2005

In practice, how easy is such a migration? I'm considering moving as
well, as I've been encountering message lag of various magnitudes in the
past few weeks.

I'd like to know if there is a way to do the following (I guess this
could be considered a feature request if there isn't):

- Transfer my pre-existing contacts between accounts/servers
- Set up some sort of temporary autoreply/vacation message on the old
account, so that people would know where to reach me (if I hadn't told
them already).

I feel that without those features (or some competent equivalent), it
would be impractical to suggest that users just "migrate" between accounts.

Thanks!

Nick