[Juser] Jabber instability

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Thu Mar 3 16:24:43 CST 2005

Hi Nick!

Nick Parker schrieb am 2005-03-03 16:19:47:
> In practice, how easy is such a migration? I'm considering moving as
> well, as I've been encountering message lag of various magnitudes in the
> past few weeks.
>
> I'd like to know if there is a way to do the following (I guess this
> could be considered a feature request if there isn't):
>
> - Transfer my pre-existing contacts between accounts/servers

There are tools you can use to export your roster at the old server and
import it at the new one (even some clients support this). But at least
you will have to resubscribe to your contacts' presence, as you are
another identity and your contacts won't trust your new account
automatically.

> - Set up some sort of temporary autoreply/vacation message on the old
> account, so that people would know where to reach me (if I hadn't told
> them already).

If mod_filter is installed on jabber.org, this is possible. I don't know
if it is and configuring this is not supported by all clients, but there
are clients you can use to configure this to send autoreply messages.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770          http://web.amessage.info