[Juser] What happened to Gabber 2?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Mar 17 10:40:02 CST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 08:03:59PM -0500, Nick Parker wrote:
> On that note, you might want to remove it from the "recommended clients"
> list here: http://www.jabber.org/software/clients.shtml

That page links to the Gabber 1 site, not the Gabber 2 site. But I will
probably update that page soon.

> May want to reconsider the ones that are currently missing from
> Jabberstudio, too.

Yep.

> Other random suggestions for that page:
>
> - Perhaps a ratings system that describes the feature support for the
> different clients, like what the server list has?

Yeah, unfortunately it is a *lot* of work to gather all that
information, but I'm working on a way to automate that.

> - Sorting by OS (where each subsection has all clients that will run on
> that OS). After all, this is what most users would be using that page for.

We used to have that feature but I removed it when I changed everything
over to .shtml instead of .php -- but I can probably do that with
JavaScript.