[Juser] Jabberd and libjingle

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 09:03:32 CDT 2006

On 7/20/06, Abdul Qadir <ablqadir at yahoo.com> wrote:
>     I need to know if I develop a client application using libjingle (google
> extension to xmpp for voice chat). And use this client application to
> register on my Jabberd2 server.  Inorder to have voice chat with Google's IM
> clients (Gtak) do I have to modify the Jabberd2 server so that it allow this
> jingle data to pass over to google's server. Or the Jabberd2 server will
> have  no problem routing this voice signlaing from my client  to Google
> server and eventually to the Google IM.

No, you won't have to touch J2.  All of the good parts in a jingle
connection is P2P anyway.

Aside from that, why develop your own client?  Why not tack on to an
existing project and further its aims while serving your own?  Help
the community, help yourself.  Normally in such a post I wouldn't name
names but there are not many opensource clients with a (semi)working
jingle stack.  I hope the jdev audience will forgive me for not
knowing which projects those are aside from Psi and Kopete.  Also
looks like Adium will be getting it.

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc