[Juser] Jabber Logs

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Mar 16 14:39:29 CDT 2007

Pierce, Kathy wrote:
> I use Jabber on two PCs:  my work PC, and my home PC.  I carry data
> between the two on a portable hard drive.  Is there a way to have Jabber
> put my message logs on the portable drive, rather than in my documents &
> settings on my D: drive?  That way I wouldn't have to copy them back and
> forth.  I haven't found anything on this in the help files or in a
> Google search.  Thanks for any help.

It depends on what Jabber client you use. In some clients you may be
able to configure that, but I have never used a client that enabled you
to do that. Eventually most clients will support server-side storage of
message logs so you won't need to jump through hoops like this, but that
is a ways off.

XMPP Standards Foundation