[Juser] Jabber.org server

Adam C. Emerson azure at umich.edu
Mon Oct 8 11:16:52 CDT 2007

Good evening, gentle creatures,

I've noticed the jabber.org server isn't very reliable and likes to go
down for long periods of time randomly.  This is somewhat annoying to
those of us using it, and poses significant problems when trying to get
people to try jabber.  It's the natural choice for a first-time user to
want to sign up with, and having it go down on a regularly irregular
basis makes them mentally equate Jabber with reliability problems.

So, my question is, what's wrong with it, and is there anything at all
that we in the community can do to try and fix it?  If it's a hardware
issue, can we try to get donations together to buy a better machine with
more memory or drive space?  Is it a problem with the ejabberd server
software itself not being able to handle the load?  Or is there any
volunteer work that people could help out with that would improve
matters?

Thank you very much.