[Juser] Voice/Video over Jabber?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Oct 17 17:03:39 CDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 10:50:21AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I regularly convert friend's machines from Windows (usually XP) to
> Linux (Usually Ubuntu or Fedora). A recent convert is a very heavy IM
> user, who needs an IM client that has these capabilities:
> 1) Text chat
> 2) Voice chat
> 3) Video chat
> 4) Send File

Heck, we're still working to get all those working well in Jabber. :)

> And it needs to work with these protocols:
> 1) MSN
> 2) Yahoo
> 3) ICQ

We work on Jabber here, not closed technologies.

There *are* multi-protocol clients like Pidgin that support Jabber and
closed technologies like MSN, Yahoo, and ICQ. But I don't know if they
do text, voice, video, and file transfer for MSN, Yahoo, and ICQ. Each
one of those closed silos does things in a different way.

https://stpeter.im/