[Juser] Unable to remove roster item

Sebastian Schuberth sschuberth at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 02:25:51 CDT 2007

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a transport on my roster that is no longer active / running
> > that I cannot remove. I've tried removing it with PSI, Miranda, and
> > the Jabber Roster Utility (which did not work for me at all). This is
> > the XML for the transport that I get when querying my roster:
> >
> > <query xmlns="jabber:iq:roster">
> > <item ask="subscribe" jid="icq.jabber.ccc.de/registered" subscription="from" />
> > </query>
> >
> > Does it mean that the subscription is pending, and of course will
> > never finish as the transport is offline? Is that the reason why I
> > cannot remove it? Any hints how to remive it?
>
> You can remove a roster item even if the subscription is pending or the
> item is no longer available on the network.
>
> What happens if you send the following XML at the console?
>
> <iq type="set" id="foo">
>  <query xmlns="jabber:iq:roster">
>    <item jid="icq.jabber.ccc.de/registered" subscription="remove" />
>   </query>
> </iq>

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, that did not seem to help. Here
is what I sent and the server responses from Miranda's XML console
(for the last server response to happen, I downloaded my roster):

<iq type="set" id="foo">
    <query xmlns="jabber:iq:roster">
        <item jid="icq.jabber.ccc.de/registered" subscription="remove" />
    </query>
</iq>
­
<iq from="<user>@jabber.com/Work" id="foo" to="<user>@jabber.com/Work"