[Juser] Lost in the XEPs again, where a client should store MUCs?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Apr 10 10:57:05 CDT 2008

Peter Flindt wrote:
> Hello,
> where should a client store MUCs? is there any guideline for this?
>
> -Only in the bookmarks, or
> -in the bookmarks or in the roster, the user can choose between both
> methods.

That's really a client developer choice, I suppose. IMHO it would be
best for the client to present only one interface to storage, no matter
where the information is stored. But IMHO storage in bookmarks is best.

(In fact we should add storage of pubsub nodes to the bookmarks spec I
think...)

https://stpeter.im/