[Juser] jingle + encryption + free software?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Jan 3 11:21:08 CST 2008

Michael Reichenbach wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> You want encryption of the signalling/negotiation or encryption of the
>> media traffic or both? I assume both. :)
> Well, I think the server will always know who is communicating with who.
>   I don`t think it`s "cool", but this can not be stopped. But I
> appreciate  that most servers support SSL and _only_ the server knows
> who is communicating with who.

Correct, at least that is a step in the right direction. Now if the
communication is client1->server1->server2->client2 then you need to
know if the link between server1 and server2 is encrypted too. And of
course you can't trust the servers. But we're working on all those pieces...

> The more important thing is encryption of the media traffic. That was
> the main point of asking here.
>
> I guess, currently there is no such client?

Not that I know of. Yet.

https://stpeter.im/