[Juser] service update

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu May 8 10:57:56 CDT 2008

As you might have guessed, the machine (athena) on which the jabber.org
IM service runs is having hardware issues. In fact it is currently being
held together with duct tape and string. :) Thankfully, HP has donated a
powerful new machine (hermes) for this service. Now we just need to get
hermes up and running, install the Debian operating system and the
ejabberd IM software, move the jabber.org account data over, and update
DNS pointers. That will happen over the next 24 to 48 hours. There may
be some outages between now and then.

We are not happy about the recent problems and are working hard to
stabilize the jabber.org IM service as soon as possible. My apologies
for any inconvenience this has caused.

https://stpeter.im/