[Juser] know the IP address of the other jabber user in chatting?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Sun Nov 8 03:00:45 CST 2009

Hello. I was wondering if I could get the IP address of the person I am
chatting with. We are trying to deploy jabber for the purpose of
easy-to-reach company help-desk, thus knowing the IP address helps the
support engineer to remotely connect to the user. As jabberd is managed
by us we can configure jabber server to set loose of privacy control if
necessary, our users only use it for support so they are also less
concern of privacy.

And we are just comparing it with other potential solutions, if this
"feature" can be easily done it gives a great reason to start jabber
deployement now. Thanks in advance!