[Juser] "SSL certificate" error with Gajim

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Feb 11 14:12:29 CST 2010

On 2/11/10 9:05 AM, Jean-Philippe Fleury wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre a écrit le 2010-02-11 10:34 :
>> For how long have you been seeing this error
>> message? Before December ~17 (when we switched from the old cert to the
>> new cert)? Between December ~17 and January 29 (when we fixed a problem
>> with the new cert)? Only since January 29?
>
> Since December 17. My config is:
>
> Ubuntu 9.10
> Gnome 2.28.1
> Gajim 0.12.5

So it seems that Ubuntu 9.10 does not have the new Startcom root in its
cert bundle, but did include the old root. I'll poke the Startcom folks
about that. You can install the new root (I'm not sure how in Ubuntu),
but of course you might not think it's a good idea. :) The new root is here:

http://www.startssl.com/certs/ca.crt

https://stpeter.im/