[Juser] Offline IM: Google Talk issues?

Nuno J. Silva nunojsilva at ist.utl.pt
Tue May 18 16:22:41 CDT 2010

This started as a question I asked in the room
jabber at conference.jabber.org, but which was not answered while I was
there (I had to leave really soon):

  Is there any general problem with instant messaging to gmail.com from
  jabber.org or is it just google that does not implement it?

  I'm getting "Internal server error. The server could not process the
  stanza because of a misconfiguration or an otherwise-undefined
  internal server error."

Then, some more testing with my own gtalk account were unsucessful, too.
With a non-jabber.org nor gmail.com account, I get "Service unavailable.
The server or recipient does not currently provide the requested
service." when messaging my offline gmail.com account.

But the other way around (gtalk -> jabber.org) works.

Is there something wrong with my client or is it really a problem on the
Google side?

--
Nuno J. Silva
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg