[Juser] Problems with maintaining a connection

Paul Millar paul at astro.gla.ac.uk
Mon Sep 20 07:56:31 CST 2010

Hi,

I've noticed that my Jabber client (kopete) is occasionally having
difficulties staying connected to jabber.org.  For reference, I'm using Debian
sid, which is kopete  4:4.4.5-1.  The "About kopete" menu option reports:
	Kopete version 1.0.0
	Using KDE Development Platform 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5)

Kopete can connect to jabber.org and I can send and receive messages OK;
however, after a while (sometimes only a few seconds), the jabber.org account
is marked "offline".  Unfortunately, kopete is not providing much debugging
information, so I can't help much, but perhaps something is being logged
server-side (a/c paul at jabber.org).

(That said, as I'm writing this, the connection has been established for about
10 minutes without being dropped).

Could someone check if this coincides with server outage or upgrades?  The
list of outages (on the jabber.org webpage) doesn't seem to be up-to-date.

Cheers,

Paul.