[Juser] Problems with maintaining a connection

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 08:08:19 CST 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Paul Millar <paul at astro.gla.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that my Jabber client (kopete) is occasionally having
> difficulties staying connected to jabber.org.  For reference, I'm using Debian
> sid, which is kopete  4:4.4.5-1.  The "About kopete" menu option reports:
>        Kopete version 1.0.0
>        Using KDE Development Platform 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5)
>
> Kopete can connect to jabber.org and I can send and receive messages OK;
> however, after a while (sometimes only a few seconds), the jabber.org account
> is marked "offline".  Unfortunately, kopete is not providing much debugging
> information, so I can't help much, but perhaps something is being logged
> server-side (a/c paul at jabber.org).

I can see you connecting, disconnecting, connecting fairly often, but
don't see anything particularly untoward.

> Could someone check if this coincides with server outage or upgrades?  The
> list of outages (on the jabber.org webpage) doesn't seem to be up-to-date.

There was a restart over the weekend - prior to that, it was somewhere
over a fortnight ago, so this doesn't coincide.
Can you send us (me directly is fine) a dump from the XML console (I'm
sure Kopete must have one, but don't know where) of the minute or so
before and after this happening, please?

/K