[Juser] help

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Aug 8 15:21:13 UTC 2012

On 8/7/12 11:08 PM, prop25 at Safe-mail.net wrote:
> I am having a problem setting up my jabber on pidgin and I have read tutorials and understand but says "unable to connect" please help me if possible

You might be behind a firewall that blocks the XMPP port (5222). From a
command line (if you have one), you could try typing this:

telnet jabber.org 5222

If the connection doesn't go through, you could set up an account at a
server that runs on a different port, such as jabber80.com (runs on port
80, same at HTTP).

https://stpeter.im/