[Juser] Jabber connect MacOS Mountain Lion

tms tms at cablemo.net
Wed Feb 13 18:39:31 UTC 2013

My experience is similar except I have used Jabber for many years.  The
issues with Google Talk seem to be getting ever worse.

I finally had to open a Gmail account in order to get messages through
-- most of the time, my Gmail contacts will show as "offline" regardless
of their true status.  Most times, attempts to chat (initiated from
either end) fail or err out.

These problems persist, whether I use Pidgin, Empathy, or a web chat
client -- Meebo (now discontinued), or JWChat.

I use Linux Mint 13, if that helps, but have had the same issues on
Win7.

Regards,

Theresa