[Juser] Lost messages

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jan 20 07:06:02 UTC 2014

Hallöchen!

While chatting with a buddy who is using Xabber on his smartphone
and I'm using Gajim on my desktop, we frequently experience lost
messages.  Is this an inherent property of XMPP, or can this
situation be improved?

Fortunately, both clients *tell* us about lost messages.  But it
would be much nicer if they didn't happen.  Apparently, it happens
when my buddy loses his uplink connection.  Then, he appears still
online in the roster.  But messages can't get through for obvious
reasons.  I thought that they are stored on the server and delivered
at a later time, but this doesn't happen.

Tschö,
Torsten.

Torsten Bronger    Jabber ID: torsten.bronger at jabber.rwth-aachen.de
                                  or http://bronger-jmp.appspot.com