[Juser] [jabber.org] The Great Groupchat Purge

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Jun 18 21:10:52 UTC 2020

The jabber.org service hosts 20,000+ groupchat rooms. However, 99% of
them have not been accessed since 2019-01-01. To ease the upcoming
software migration, we plan to archive the old rooms. We will do this
sometime in the next ~10 days and we will need to briefly take the
service offline in order to complete this task. (At the same time, we
will also archive all rooms with names that do not comply with the XMPP
standard, but there aren't many of those.)

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on the migration.

https://stpeter.im/