[Members] proposed election schedules
stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Jul 17 12:35:34 CDT 2006
As you have probably determined, the Q3 membership voting will be
delayed (on the wiki page, I have extended the application period to the
close of business on July 31). This will push back the Board and Council
elections as well, since we need to have a stable membership list in
order to hold the Board and Council elections (and Council applicants
must be elected JSF members so it doesn't make sense to gather Council
applications until after the membership voting results). Traditionally
we have held the Board and Council elections in late August, since the
Jabber Software Foundation was founded on August 20, 2001 and we have
tried to hold the elections around the same time every year. However,
this year I think we will need to hold the elections in September.
Therefore I propose the following schedule:
1. Q3 membership application period (applicants create their pages on
the wiki): until July 31.
2. Q3 membership voting period (vote via memberbot): August 1 - August 15.
3. JSF members meeting in xmpp:foundation at conference.jabber.org
(validation of membership voting results): August 16.
4. Board and Council application period (applicants create their pages
on the wiki): until August 31.
5. Board and Council voting period (vote via memberbot): September 1 -
6. JSF members meeting in xmpp:foundation at conference.jabber.org
(validation of Board and Council voting results): September 20.
Jabber Software Foundation
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 7358 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20060717/910d1f21/smime.bin
More information about the Members