[Members] [Fwd: [Board] Meeting Minutes, 2007-11-13]

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Nov 13 12:22:10 CST 2007


FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:17:59 -0700
From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>
To: board at xmpp.org
Subject: [Board] Meeting Minutes, 2007-11-13

XSF Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes, 2007-11-13

In attendance:

Alexander Gnauck (Board Member)
Jack Moffitt (Board Member)
Mickael Remond (Board Member)
Peter Saint-Andre (Executive Director)

Scribe: Peter Saint-Andre

0. Roll Call

All Board members in attendance, quorum achieved.

1. Logo

Peter to follow up regarding delivery of logo files.

2. Infrastructure

Waiting to hear from HP regarding possible donation of a 64-bit machine.
If that does not come through we will proceed with purchase.

3. Security Project

Despite good work by Ian Paterson, Brendan Taylor, Justin Karneges,
Jakob Schröter, and others, we have not made good progress on this
initiative. The Board discussed the reasons for the lack of progress,
including the difficulty of the task (end-to-encryption) and the need to
coordinate among different groups and projects in reaching consensus.
The XSF agreed to work on this according to a schedule but the schedule
has slipped so significantly that the Board has decided we cannot in
good faith continue to pursue this work on a defined schedule according
to our contract with NLnet. Therefore the Board consensus is that we
shall return the monies received from NLnet so far and terminate the
agreement.

4. DevCon

The Board agreed that we should hold another DevCon at FOSDEM 2008, with
informal discussions / testing / presentations at FOSDEM on Saturday and
Sunday followed by a smaller, more formal meeting on Monday (i.e., the
format we used in 2007).

5. Other Business

Some discussion about the need for a forum devoted to operational and
deployment issues by enterprises and service providers, especially with
a focus on secure federation. The Board will discuss this further at a
future meeting.

Also, Peter and Christina still need to update the financial summary and
report to the Board regarding finances.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/



-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 7338 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20071113/0ac274fe/attachment.bin 


More information about the Members mailing list