[Members] Memberbot updates?
aconbere at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:58:56 CDT 2009
I proposed a couple features to stpeter today with respect to memberbot.
1) Send muc invites when meetings occur
2) Alert members of voting periods begin / end
Mostly I'd just like to have a better idea about when there are events
occurring that I as a member would like to involve myself in, but have
probably forgotten about.
stpeter suggested that the memberbot code was a little bit rotted and
could use a fresh start. And that there were updates made to it during
google summer of code last session. I was hoping to get the members
general opinion of embarking on a memberbot update and maybe some
other features other folks would want. Basically just get some ideas
about what more the XSF could provide to members to help make their
jobs more fun / fulfilling / easier.
Having not yet seen the current implementation I would say that the
goals for something like this would be to.
1) fulfill a majority of the use cases, at a minimum meeting the
current feature set
2) make the code easy to read and maintain in order to facilitate
unforeseen use cases and bug fixes
3) possibly make the source more easily available to leverage the
number of bright folks we have in the membership already.
More information about the Members