[Members] minutes of XSF Annual Meeting, 2009-10-06
stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Oct 7 16:55:58 CDT 2009
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 10/7/09 3:25 PM, Fabio Forno wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Alexey Melnikov
> <alexey.melnikov at isode.com> wrote:
>>>> Not a bad idea. Quarterly sounds like a good time period.
>>> It would certainly end the complaints about XSF members not having
>>> enough to do. ;-)
>> I think this might also help reduce size of XSF.
> I don't know if it can work, imho bodies like the council need some
> stability in time and one year of service is a good period. Perhaps
> it's better to require members taking part to special interests groups
> (e.g pubsub, social, server apps, mobile etc...) which should do the
> preliminary work for the council. This would speed up many things.
This sounds like the review teams at the IETF, which take a look at all
the specs being considered for advancement to RFC with regard to
technical details, clarity, etc. We could certainly do that kind of
thing during Last Calls at the XSF.
Other tasks that always need attention:
1. planning the XMPP Summits
2. writing XMPP Roundup posts at blog.xmpp.org
3. website improvements in general
4. infrastructure -- web, DNS, certs, email lists, source control...
5. XEP maintenance, from errata to larger issues
6. fundraising / making the XSF self-supporting
7. generating minutes for Board and Council meetings
8. speaking at conferences
9. writing whitepapers and case studies
10. converting W3 XML Schema definitions to Relax NG
11. checking http://xmpp.org/extensions/examples/
I'm sure there's more, but that's a pretty good start.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Members