[Members] Board Minutes 20141124T1600Z

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Nov 24 17:07:41 UTC 2014


These minutes have not been approved by the Board; please review the
chatroom logs for a precise transcript of the entirety of the meeting.

Present: Laura Gill (Chair), Simon Tennant, Ralph Meijer, Adam Brault, Will
Sheward

http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-11-24/#16:03:57

0. Agenda Bashing - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-11-24/#16:03:59

https://trello.com/b/Dn6IQOu0/board-meetings

Laura suggested a standing meeting format of:

  1. Actions from last week (update)
  2. Agenda items
  3. Agree actions for next week
  4. Wave goodbye

Adam suggested adding a standing blog item.

Simon and Will considered the format sensible.

1. Actions from last week - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-11-24/#16:06:25

a) Video meetings - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-11-24/#16:06:40

A discussion on what video options where available and what features were
required.

Kim Alvefur (Zash) and Matthew Wild (MattJ) noted that "dogfooding"
XMPP-based systems would be prefereable; Zash suggested this as a Board
Goal before term's end.

Decision to trial Hangouts on Air after next week's meeting.

b) Goals for Board - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-11-24/#16:16:48

All actions completed. Laura noted that there had been a good response.

2. Agenda Items - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-11-24/#16:18:50

a) Board Goals - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-11-24/#16:18:56

Laura noted there were now a lot of goals, and suggested selecting 5 by
public vote. Will agreed. Ralph noted he had yet to add his due to tech
issues.

ACTION: Will agreed to summarize goals in readiness for a membership vote.

b) Website Update - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-11-24/#16:21:48

Adam, Laura and Simon chatted about what next to do. They went through
Laura's stylesheet edits and annotation, updated Adam on progress and
planned to update the guy who will migrate the bootstrap theme over to
pelican. They also chatted about how we could get a common header, footer
and menu in place ASAP so that the community can start backfilling pages
into the site.

They are definitely going with Bootstrap as a framework so that we can push
in html and MD formatted pages and try to keep the homepage fresh with new
content vs something static that gets updated once a quarter.

It was noted that there had been an underwhelming response to calls for
help.

Dave asked to confirm that the intent is that community submissions would
be via Github pull requests, and queried whether an alternate path would be
available. Simon confirmed both, noting that members would also be able to
email in changes.

Dave also queried the difference between Pelican and Bootstrap; Simon
explained that Pelican generates pages and Bootstrap themes them. Dave
noted his ignorance in this field, Will requested this be minuted. Dave
therefore minutes his ignorance. Ignorance is bliss, and Dave is clearly
very blissful on the subject of web frameworks. Luckily nobody reads this
rubbish he minutes, otherwise it'd be a bit embarrassing.

Adam, Will and Ralph discussed the worth of avoiding Github.

3. Blog - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-11-24/#16:33:34

Adam noted that he sees the blog as a central piece to the XSF's ability to
achieve many of the goals set for the next year. He suggested having a
regular rhythm of posts and many active contributors covering a range of
topics, some newsworthy, some political, some technical.

Ralph and Laura agreed, and Simon and Adam both noted the current lack is
in people.

A discussion ensued on past efforts, and why the Communications Team failed.

Further discussion on who would take responsibility resulted in Adam
suggesting he would form a plan for next steps:

ACTION: Adam to draw up a document of recommendations as next steps on
process.

4. Next Meeting - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-11-24/#16:42:14

Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel.

Laura noted she would like to reduce meetings to 30 minutes; Will agreed.

5. Ite, Meeting Est - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2014-11-24/#16:43:18
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20141124/84821678/attachment.html>


More information about the Members mailing list