[Members] Board Minutes 20150316T1600Z

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Mar 16 17:09:50 UTC 2015

These minutes, such as they are, are not official, and have no particular
standing, they merely represent the view of a man who does not exist:
Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the
innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate
above the law.

Starring: Laura Gill, Will Sheward, Ralph Meijer, Adam Brault, Simon Tennant
Celebrity Guest Stars: Kevin Smith, Peter Saint-Andre
Also featuring: Edwin Mons, and Dave Cridland as "The Minute Taker"

0. Agenda Bashing - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-16/#16:02:59

1. Actions from last meeting
2. Communications proposal
3. Website update
4. Board goals - next steps
5. GSoC - Kev request
6. AOB
7. Time and date of next

1. Actions from last meeting - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-16/#16:03:50

a) Laura has an action to draft a blog post about the Board goals. She has
shared a draft and heard back from Adam. Will said it looked fine as-is.

b) Summit Presentations - Laura has collated the links in a (short) draft
blog post, to be presented this week.

c) Sponsors from last year. Will is awaiting info from Peter. There was a
short discussion about treasurer duties following this, with Ralph
remarking that the XSF has been unable to fill the treasurer position
formally for some time.

2. Communications proposal - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-16/#16:15:12

Laura asked about feedback, there was some confusing about where feedback
went, however Laura will update the proposal with suggested changes and
share before next week.

There was some discussion as to how to formally place it into effect; the
suggestion from Ralph and Kev was to put it onto the website after the
Board has voted.

3. Website Update - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-16/#16:19:35

Simon reported that Guilherme has been busy building Adam's changes into a
proof of concept, the early version of which is now online here:

Next steps are to move it over the the XSF's GitHub account, ensure it
builds cleanly with Travis CI, and then start adding Laura's content.

Laura said that she has been tackling one section at a time, and that Dave
Cridland has been the most amazing, incredible, and quite honestly heroic
person *ever* at editing her words. As if he'd ever do anything else but
quote her verbatim.

There was a short discussion between Ralph, Adam, Edwin and Kev on how the
iteam might help to preserve content, and which content needs preservation;
this will continue outside the meeting.

Laura also noted that she was awaiting a short bio from Board members and a
potted History of the XSF from Ralph.

4. Board Goals - Next steps - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-16/#16:29:59

Laura suggested a video call to discuss this. All agreed, Will will arrange.

5. GSoC - Kev request - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-16/#16:33:26

Kev proposed buying a copy of The Pragmatic Programmer (Andrew Hunt, David
Thomas) and XMPP: The Definitive Guide (Peter Saint-Andre, Kevin Smith,
Renko Tronçon) for GSoC students; suggesting an ebook form to counter the
otherwise difficult logistics.

He noted the costs were covered by the Google GSoC Org payment.

The Board unanimously agreed to this.

6. AOB - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-16/#16:36:45

a) Dave suggested that the Board might like to start looking into a US

This was briefly discussed, with broad agreement it would be worth looking
into interest and possible venues.

b) Dave suggested that the Board may wish to look into a EUR bank account.

Simon and Ralph are to look into this; Peter will look into an EU legal
presence with the Foundations list.

7. Time of Next - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-16/#16:45:24

Laura proposed 20150323T1600Z; all agreed.

(Note impending EU timezone shift; this will probably affect the meeting on

8. Ite, Meeting Est - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-16/#16:46:07
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20150316/06d9c01b/attachment.html>

More information about the Members mailing list