[Members] Board Minutes 20150323T1600Z

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Mar 23 17:14:13 UTC 2015


These Board Minutes have no official status, being merely the ramblings of
a man barely alive. We can rebuild him, we have the technology. We can make
him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster.

Present: Laura Gill, Will Sheward, Simon Tennant, Adam Brault [Slightly
late], Ralph Meijer [Late]
Also Present: Kev Smith (Ex Officio: XMPP Council Chair), Peter Saint-Andre
(Executive Director, Treasurer, All Round Good Guy)
Floor: Dave Cridland

0. Agenda Bashing - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:01:12

1. Actions from last meeting
2. Treasurer duties
3. AOB
4. Time and date of next

1. Actions from last meeting - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:02:18

a) Blog posts: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:02:18

Laura reported she has published the two blog posts on her list, Board
Goals and Summit 17 Presentations.

b) FOSDEM Reimbursement: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:02:55

Will has been reimbursed for FOSDEM.

c) Past Sponsors: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:03:14

Details are scattered through various personal places. Dave and Peter to
collate some details. [Adam arrived here]

d) Comms policy: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:09:37

Laura asked if Board folks had seen the email and had any thoughts. Will
said he had read the doc and thought it was fine with the edits already
proposed.

Simon queried whether the activity should be delegated from Board to a
comms team. Will thought this would lead to similar problems to the last
Comms Team. Laura thought it should stay with Board for now. Ralphs
arrived, and commented it should stay with the Board for now.

The board unanimously voted on putting the proposed Comms Policy into
effect.

ACTION: Laura to add this to the website.

e) Website Content: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:18:56

Will and Ralph need to provide a bio for the site, and Ralph needs to
provide some History content. Will noted that, "surprised i haven't
finished this as I do spend a lot of time thinking about how wonderful I am
- just need to write it down". Dave offered to invent one for him, but Will
declined.

f) Board Goals call: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:21:57

Not yet organised.

g) EUR bank account: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:22:53

Simon: So I did some investigation. I can give a quick update on payments
incase we were to go down the route of opening a Euro-based account. I've
worked with German and UK banks accounts on this. Starting with UK: This
would need to be a business bank account which will be lots of hoops to
jump through. HSBC and Cater Allen (and probably others) provide Serling
AND Euro denominated accounts. My other experience is with German company
accounts. They's want some kind of entity in Germany to open it up.
However, most recently there is a startup out of Finland that specialises
in just business accounts (Holvi.com). I was able to open a biz account
with them with relative ease. Looks like it would be possible to open a
Euro denominated XSF account relatively easily.

Based on the above, Simon recommended a holvi.com bank account.

A discussion on what the benefits were of having an EUR bank account
followed. The key points raised where that there are usually three US/EU
transfers per year (at $30 each); however these are large transfers to
individuals who are paying for multiple XSF items and being reimbursed. In
addition, having an EU bank account could mean some of the treasurer duties
can be offloaded to a "second treasurer".

Simon also suggested using waveapps.com to handle invoicing.

2. Treasurer Duties - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:25:06

[The last discussion moves to this fairly seamlessly; time is approximate
and overlaps]

Laura suggested the XSF should "spec up" what being a treasurer means, and
then find someone to take this on.

Peter volunteered to write this up.

ACTION: Peter to write a brief description of what he does in the treasurer
role.

3. AOB - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:36:35

Simon said the following two meetings would be difficult to make.

Peter mentioned a trademark issue that the Board needs to make a decision
on.

4. Date and time of next - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:39:40

NOTE EU CLOCKS CHANGE!!

Due to the EU clocks changing (affecting most of the Board), the next
meeting will move one hour earlier in UTC, and therefore maintain the same
time in local EU timezones:

20150330T1500Z

NOTE TIME OF MEETING CHANGES!!

5. Ite, Meeting Est - http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2015-03-23/#16:41:31
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/attachments/20150323/5b5c9b14/attachment.html>


More information about the Members mailing list