[Operators] feedback requested

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Apr 1 15:45:12 CDT 2008

Last night I published the first version of a document that defines the
XMPP protocol flows for inter-domain federation:

http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0238.html

The intent is that this document will help XMPP server developers
understand how to handle various s2s scenarios (e.g., what to do if an
XMPP service with a self-signed certificate attempts to open a
server-to-server connection to an XMPP service with a CA-issued
certificate). There are many possible scenarios, which I've tried to
outline in the document. I would appreciate feedback from operators
regarding the different service types so that we can make sure we're
covering all the bases.

Thanks!