[Operators] Gmail problems

Neil Stevens neil at hakubi.us
Fri Apr 18 22:36:08 CDT 2008

Damjan wrote:
> Someone reported here problems with the communication to gmail.
> The past two days (16 and 17 april) I've experienced vary bad
> communication with google's xmpp service. this are some examples from
> the s2s.log
>
> Wed Apr 16 20:12:08 2008 [notice] [12] [72.14.253.125, port=5269]
> connection to gmail.com timed out
>
> I even tried to debug with "nc 72.14.253.125 5269" and indeed I couldn't
> connect from different addresses.
>
> Today it was all fine.

Yeah I had the same problem with some Google users on my MUC.  They'd
leave and rejoin about every five minutes.  Real fun.

Mailed Google and the problem eventually went away.  Good on Google that
they're responsive to people who have to deal with their users like that
:-)  Good on Google indeed.

Neil Stevens - neil at hakubi.us

If you're seeing shades of gray, it's because you're not
looking close enough to see the black and white dots.