[Operators] Strange registrations

Clemens Lucas Fries xmpp at xenoworld.de
Tue Aug 12 03:41:58 CDT 2008

Hello list,

I wanted to confirm that these registrations never completely halted.
I got two new in the last 24 hours. And maybe one or two weeks ago I
blocked one IP-address because it registered an account, matching the
known scheme, every few minutes. It seems to me that there are days
with more activity and I gather from the statistics that at least this
apparently hijacked server that was used a while ago isn't used anymore.
I really wonder if there were any attacks on MUCs (like the last
time), or if it is just registering throw-away accounts without using
them.

____
Clemens Fries