[Operators] [Fwd: [ejabberd] Your server is a part of spammer/flood botnet!]

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Sun May 4 01:34:58 CDT 2008

Hello,

For your information:
- this can only help server that have enabled in band registration.
The only large scale XMPP server that allow in band registration is
jabber.org and the patch has been deployed there already. Most other
public server use a general registration process that goes to a
central DB.
- the limitation of the inband registration by IP address will be
available in version 2.0.1 due very soon (likely this week)
- this feature is unique to my knowledge and might be very useful if
you absolutely need IBR.

The comment on MUC does not refer to a bug but is instead part of our
continuous improvement process to add anti abuse feature in ejabberd
(like we did in ejabberd 2.0).
It will be in 2.0.1 too.

For your information, we strongly advise against using ejabberd SVN
version for production server, because this is a non stable branch
(development) and can be broken if you take in between major releases.

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Remond