[Operators] Meeting Notes

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Mon May 5 15:40:16 CDT 2008

Hello,

Le 5 mai 08 à 22:25, Jonathan Schleifer a écrit :

> I think for now it would be the easiest to limit the registrations per
> IP per day to 1 or 2 plus activate rate control. That way, they will
> get kicked if they flood. If that happens 3 times, the account has to
> be disabled automatically for a period of time. And since they can't
> create a new account for spamming, that would pretty much solve it…
> I'm STRONGLY against the black list approach proposed there!

I think all the approach we can use are complementary and we add new
pieces of code to limit / throttle in ejabberd every day.

That said, we need to have all the tools in place is something really
bad happens and having blacklist mecanism in place is an important
safety net. Blacklist mecanisms are someting will provide anyway to
our users and our customers because that's the only responsible
approach we can have.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/