[Operators] TLS, certificates, heartache, and pain.

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Wed Oct 15 09:10:01 CDT 2008

Hi,

On Oct 15, 2008, at 12:41 AM, Dave Cridland wrote:

> So today, out of probably hundreds of connections, one - aside from
> other Isode M-Link deployments - offered my server SASL EXTERNAL:
>
> 10/14 23:47:50 xmppd    05979 (root    ) I-MBOX-Info Successfully
> authenticated as dave.cridland.net to proxy.sapo.pt

melo at DogsHouse:~ $ x-dns-xmpp-records proxy.sapo.pt
proxy.sapo.pt.		18000	IN	A	127.0.0.1

Talked with a few people at SAPO, it seems to be a long forgotten
domain, no longer in use.

I'll see if I can understand why he was talking to you.

> So either this means my certificate fails to validate, but
> proxy.sapo.pt, alone of all of the Sapo domains, validates it
> anyway, or else my certificate should validate, but I'm doing
> something wrong, or everyone else is.

AFAIK, there is no XMPP service running at proxy.sapo.pt, but I might
have missed something.

Best regards,